Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stay at Home Mom Style

Hi there!
I'm back with another Stay at Home Mom Style post. I hope you liked the last one. You know, I've been living under a rock to not have noticed the What I Wore Wednesday posts all around the web playing along with The Pleated Poppy blogger Lindsey. She has been inspiring other Stay At Home Moms for a while now encouraging that we document our efforts to try and get dressed and feel good about ourselves while we're at it. I'm going to play along with her on Wednesday and link up. I hope you'll join in too! Lots of people link up on her blog so you can tour what lots of other people are wearing. It's fun!
Check out the example here on The Pleated Poppy.

pleated poppy

So, for today's "What I Wore Wednesday:"
after_carty

Trouser Jeans by Kut from Nordstrom (the same as my last style post)
Houndstooth Blouse from Downeast Basics
Steamboat Jacket from Downeast Basics
Wedge Sandals from Aerosoles
Chunky shell bracelet: From a local craft fair

All are comfortable (the blouse is a soft jersey knit... and all are machine washable!

Here is what I might have worn before...BORING and "who cares":
before_carty_
The vest and tshirt are comfortable and machine washable as well, but just don't look as chic or pulled together. I look like I might go gardening or hiking.
The new outfit has the same sort of elements for fall with a chill in the air without sacrificing a sense of style. Of course, I end up taking off the jacket when I'm hanging around the house to keep things easy. And I'm barefoot once inside too. Just fyi. I need a pedicure by the way.
Please know that I'm not a style maven. I don't even tend to notice what people are wearing out and about. I'm too busy picking Paige's boogers off my shoulder to look around. I simply got sick of feeling tired and frumpy and sloppy and figure I can put in some effort once in a while for my own sanity, you know? It does well to remind myself that I am more than a mother (and a proud grateful mother I am).

10 comments :

Niki Caron said...

I am obsessed with that first outfit! The jacket is amazing!

xo Niki
http://www.glossyblonde.com

Megan said...

@Niki, Thanks! :) It's so comfy and the inside is fuzzy like the inside of a sweatshirt!

The Serena Saga said...

I am loving that houndstooth blouse! Perfection! Visiting from WIWW :), and now following your blog!

xx
Serena
http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Welcome Serena! Thanks for your kind words! I love your shoes in that second outfit!! I couldn't pull them off so I'll just daydream about them. :)

April said...

Love that Downeast Basics jacket! I saw it and liked and was thinking, what could one wear that with? Thanks for the inspiration!

Lindsay said...

Um that first outfit is amazing! So in love with that jacket and love the patterned blouse with it.

Megan said...

@april and @lindsay, thanks so much for your visit and your kind words!:)

val said...

Love the outfit!
And, it's been so long that I've actually visited your site instead of in my RSS Feed app on my phone so I wanted to say I looove your new(?) banner! Looks awesome!

Megan said...

Thanks Val! It's pretty new. :)

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

That top outfit is...absolute perfection! I need to check out DE Basics STAT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...