Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stay at Home Mom Style

megan_carty_meandwee

Hello!
It's that time again to play along with What I Wore Wednesday. We're all inspiring each other to get dressed (at least sometimes!) during the day and feel good about ourselves.
This outfit was donned thanks to a hot day. I used to throw on shorts and a random t-shirt, but I've found I enjoy the breeziness of a skirt. If it's long and soft, that's even better! With all the scooting around with Noah all day, I need the skirt to have length.
This skirt in the photo is from Downeast, as is the fun little short-sleeved sweater. One thing I took a risk on was with matching the colors of the skirt and shirt. I wouldn't normally choose them together first, but they do coordinate. I like that it's an unexpected combo. And I also like the unique shapes of the pieces...there's a definite 1940s thing going on that excites me. All are machine washable, easy, and comfortable. I know most of my clothes lately are from the same place; I just hit the jackpot with Downeast Basics...cute clothes that are unique and inexpensive. Weee!

I'd also like to say, in full disclosure, that this photo was taken specifically for this post. (And yes, I'm sucking in my stomach like a Hoover vacuum again) I was alone, so I put the camera on our patio table and used the automatic timer feature. I felt like a douche standing there in my yard acting silly, but hey. All in the spirit of sharing, right? I'm a dork, and it's ok.

I hope you enjoy your Wednesday! Feel free to link back if you have your own Stay at Home Mom Style post; I'd love to see and share!!!
pleated poppy

9 comments :

Rachel said...

I love the colors that you paired together in that outfit! It's kind of an unexpected combo, but it looks really good!

Megan said...

Thanks Rachel! :)

Style Journey said...

Loving your skirt and the color combination! Very cute :)

Bethany @ 3SonsPlus1...and.... said...

Cute! I love both the top and the skirt- pretty colors and style! =)

Anonymous said...

It was a excitement locating your site yesterday. I came here right hoping to learn something new. And I was not dissatisfied. Your well thought out ideas for new events like this. Thank you for this idea and sharing your knowledge.

The Serena Saga said...

Your outfit is adorable and you are super funny! I definitely know what you mean about the awkwardness of taking photos of yourself. I found you at The Pleated Poppy link up. I am loving your style and have found a lot of inspiration in your blog! I'm very happy to be a new follower and hope we can keep in touch!

xx
Serena
http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Thanks Serena! :) Thanks for stopping by; it's so fun to meet new people! Yay!

Leelee said...

That is a great skirt. Love it.

Emily Devine said...

Cute blog! I love this polka dotted skirt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...