Me and Wee: Discouraged

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Discouraged

Do you ever feel discouraged? Like when you have grand plans and work so hard on them but nothing happens?
That's what I'm going through right now.
I guess I'm just in a little frustrated rut. You see, I've created so many different artworks and paintings for my shop but my sales are not at all what I'd hoped they would be. It's hard when you get excited about your own work, but others don't see it the same way. Especially when you put your heart and soul into it.
My confidence has taken such a hit and I find myself questioning what I'm doing. If I'm going to spend my free time creating, I also want to be making something that I can sell. Finding that "magic formula" is so hard. I feel like I am just all over the map with my work and can't settle on one approach. Does anyone else ever feel like this?
I know I need a niche and a focus for my work but it's been so hard to settle on one thing. It's hard to tour around all the great Etsy shops and see so many shops having lots of sales each day. Where am I going wrong? What am I missing? It's one of those days where I just want to toss up my hands and give up.
I know better than that. Does anyone have any advice, wisdom or feedback? I'm happy to listen! I'm so grateful for any thoughts you may have!
I'll be back soon with more positive words! sigh.

7 comments :

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

I don't have any concrete advice on Etsy but I just wanted to offer support and morale boosting. Perhaps the answer is that if you do what you love, and what gives you inner rejuvenation and solace then if it sells, that's a bonus rather than the primary purpose?

Unknown said...

Thanks Carie!You make a good point. I'll have to stick with doing what I love. I guess I was hoping to supplement our income a little while I was at it! :) It's yet another example of having to be patient!

Melissa said...

Hi, Megan. I came by to visit your cute blog and read this post. I have been here! All it took was the right person to blog about me and then my shop went viral!! :) I don't know if I'm the "right" person, but may I blog about your shop and use some of the images from your etsy store? I think your work is fantastic and think I have a few readers that would be interested.

I wish you luck. I know it is frustrating. Let me know if I can use your images to give you a shout out on my blog

windowsbymelissa.blogspot.com

GOod luck!


M.

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks Melissa! Sure, you have permission; thanks for asking! I really appreciate that; you are so sweet and kind to do that. Thank you so much; I can't tell you what that means to me. :)

Melissa said...

I've been having a difficult and long winter. It's been hard for me to be creative when I am feeling so depressed. So I have been searching aroudn for blog writeup ideas. You'd actually be helping me out! :)


M.

alicia said...

I totally get being discouraged! I have started many little businesses to get NO response :( it is hard. But I think your art is beautiful and can and will fill a need. I think its a matter of marketing yourself, which I SUCK at which is why my businesses never went anywhere :) don't give up, you have talent!

Lor said...

Aw Megan, don't be discouraged! Art is not always easy to sell, and it should not make you fell like you are doing something wrong. Your drawings are beautiful, and I still think you have created two of the most beautiful nursery rooms I have ever seen!
+ you are a fun person to read!
No advice from me except: stay the same!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...