Me and Wee: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

It's a cold and cloudy morning here. We never seem to get a spring. (grumble!) It's always straight from winter to summer as our ground is still covered in snow! The good thing about all this cold weather is that I've been keeping busy and I've been able to get back to creating and painting!
I've found the secret to making art as a mother with small children is to use your free time to do what you can. If I get 10 minutes devoted to painting or drawing, then I use it. It's not much, but at least I'm 10 minutes further ahead in my project than I was before!
This week I want to share a few of my new pieces that I've turned into prints for sale in my shop.

Today's piece is a gouache (pronounced "gwash") painting (It's like watercolor, but more solid and vibrant). I love the fable of the tortoise and the hare and recently I told it to Paige. She was in love with the tale too, so I turned it into a painting with the inspirational phrase "Slow and Steady Wins the Race." Very appropriate for my new art-making ways!

 tortoiseandthehare


This piece is great hanging in an office or as nursery art for baby or kiddo. I've been so into the woodland theme lately. Maybe it's because I live in the woods?
You can find it in the shop here! :)

IMG_0088

IMG_0087

IMG_0085

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...