Me and Wee: 14 weeks

Monday, November 3, 2008

14 weeks

Hello!
Well, today marks the start of 14 weeks for me and I'm officially into the second trimester. It feels so nice to be able to say those words! I have no belly or bump yet to show. I know I have a while before that will happen. When I wake up, I look like I always have (just a thicker torso now). And by the end of the day, I get so bloated I look 5 months pregnant. I choose to see it as a preview of what's to come and not that I'm just a gassy fluid-filled mess. What IS cool is that when I lay flat on my back I can feel my uterus bumping up out of my abdomen. I run my hand over it and it's nice to think "wow, our baby is in there!" I can't wait to have some sort of bump as a visual cue that yes, I'm pregnant. No, it's not a figment of my imagination. Yes, it is real. It will be nice to feel kicking and flutters of movement...because up to now there are still no signs that soothe me and say "everything is ok in there." I have to rely on ultrasounds and dopplers for that. Although, the fact I'm asleep almost 24-7 or feeling mostly like I will vomit at any second should be a good enough cue. I'm still having those symptoms and no, they haven't lifted yet. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding ANYTHING that I want to eat these days. Everything just sounds gross to me. Don't worry Mom, I'm eating. It's just not fun like it used to be. :)
That's ok, though, I know it won't be forever and the fact that I feel so sickly just reminds me of the good things to come.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

What a great milestone!! Congratulations!

For about the first 17 weeks of my pregnancy, just about all I could stomach was watermelon and cinnamon rolls. Sigh. But that's what worked!!

I can't wait until you can feel those kicks - they're magical.

Poppy Letterpress said...

Megan, I'm exactly 2 weeks behind you. How exciting! I'm the same as you - can't eat anything, sick all the time. But you're right, it's a good sign that everything in there is growing as it should be and that you're on track. Can't wait to hear about how you progress.

xx Lou.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...