Me and Wee: 17 Weeks pregnant

Monday, November 24, 2008

17 Weeks pregnant

Hello! As my post title says, today I am 17 weeks pregnant. Wow, those words astound me! I remember thinking 7 weeks was a big deal! All is going well here. I'm still waiting to feel some baby movement...I think I've maybe felt a flutter here or there, but nothing is for sure yet. I figure in another week or 2 I'll start to feel something I'll be more sure about. I hope! Chris and I went out to dinner on Friday night and when we got to the waiting area a lovely woman and her two young children jumped up off the couch as she proclaimed "let's go guys, this lady needs the seat more than us!" Woa. That was the first time a stranger had acknowledged my "condition!" And gave me her seat, at that! I told her she didn't have to, but she very much insisted saying "I remember what it was like." And I chuckled and stated that I wasn't very far along. But, I took a seat and and sat there kind of stunned. I'm just glad I am pregnant...what if I'd just had a few too many cheeseburgers? She made a lucky guess...or maybe I look more pregnant than I think? Today I went to the dentist, and when I walked in, the receptionist (after I took off my coat) said "OH! I guess that answers our question of if you are or aren't!" Again, I was called out. Believe me, I'm not complaining. I guess I'm just amazed at how fast time goes. And that it's ME they are talking to! How many times do I need to pinch myself to believe this is truly happening?

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am so, so happy for you. I know *exactly* what you mean about wanting to just get to 7 weeks; it must be surreal to look down and see ... that!

Oh, and I want to steal your boots.

P.S. Years from now you will look back at the pregnancy pictures and either think "hee, look at me in my laundry room!" or "damn, why didn't I hang a sheet behind me for the pregnancy pics?" Which do YOU think it will be?

Soper

Unknown said...

HA! :) I will definitely say "look at me in my laundry room!" I am far too lazy to ever hang a sheet behind me. :)
PS, the boots are "motorcycle boots" from 2 years ago: Banana Republic.

Anonymous said...

Darn! I'm so jealous! Only ONE stranger has noticed that I'm pregnant so far - and I'm almost 20 weeks!

good thoughts said...

WOW - Look at you grow Meg!! I havne't been here in a few weeks and you've already popped out! it must feel wondeful to feel and look preggo already! You look great! I started feeling definate kicks at 18 weeks. Jon wasn't able to feel her until 20 weeks.

Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

alicia said...

yay!! you should feel the little guy soon, it is soo increadible!!

I am still so not showing!!! no one would ever say anything to me because it looks like I am jsut gasy or something! haha, I think I need to wear tighter shirts :)

Laura said...

YOu look adorable!

Unknown said...

Hi Megan. I just wanted to let you know that you look great and I think that you are going to have a boy by looking at the shape of your belly. I will call you Monday night. Enjoy every minute of it.
Love
Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...