Me and Wee: Photoshoot!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Photoshoot!






Hi friends!
Well, We're finally getting some rest again around here. Putting Paige to bed earlier has truly done the trick. She now wakes at 6:15 or so instead of 5:30. She also sleeps right through the night quietly and hasn't had tantrums or screaming night wakings. It helps if she is worn out when she goes to bed...so I spend lots of time running her energy out during the afternoon. She goes to bed between 6 and 6:30 and it works like a charm. She used to have that bedtime, but as she's gotten older and seemingly could stay up later we moved her bedtime to 7/7:30. Well, she fell asleep ok in the beginning but then the night-wakings with screaming began. Soon, she was tantruming at bedtime and then her morning wakeup moved from 6:30 to a painfully earlier 5:30/5:15 am. Moving her bedtime back to the earlier time has been magic. Thank you Marc Weissbluth and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Your book has not failed me ONCE during Paige's young lifetime.

In other news, I recently got to see the photos from the photoshoot we won a little while back from Kristina Young Photography. A few are included with this post. You can see the slideshow (up for a limited time) here if you want to see more. We are so thrilled! And Kristina was such a pleasure to have in our home...she was so warm, friendly, and made the whole thing fun. Now, the hard part is choosing which ones to have printed!

6 comments :

Mrs. Shelton said...

Those are GREAT pictures! I love the song that went with it too!

Rachel Esther said...

Stunning! Paige is so cute - these photos really do her justice!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

What beautiful photos! I love the one of you looking down and holding Paige and she has her head tilted.

alicia said...

ahh love them!!!

Melissa said...

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child is amazing. I know it has definitely helped me out too!

Sarah Seibert said...

Wow those turned out great, and your home is so beautiful.

Can I ask, would you be willing to describe to me how the photographer directed the shoot? I want to do more of this type of photography - less directed and more natural - but I struggle to get people to just relax and interact. I would just love to hear how it went through the clients eyes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...