Me and Wee: Christmas 2011

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

This past Christmas was our first time staying home. We wanted to begin our own special traditions now that Paige is old enough to understand the things going on around her. It was so much fun! What made it even more special is that my parents came to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us; and my brother came down with his girlfriend on Christmas Day.
Christmas Eve found us decorating cookies and going to Christmas Mass.

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

During the Mass, the priest had his pregnant niece "due in 4 weeks" and her husband bring the little baby Jesus figure to the Nativity Scene. I leaned forward intently to see what his niece looked like...did she look to be due any day? Nope. She was tiny. Her belly looked like she'd had a big meal! The lady next to me goes "didn't you say you were due in another 5 weeks or so?" She looked down at my belly and we grinned; realizing that my stomach looked like a zeppelin in comparison to this girl. Everyone I encounter insists I'm having twins and overdue. LOL. *sigh* I'm definitely defying gravity.

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas Day was so fun and P was so well behaved. She was so excited about everything going on...no tantrums for fussies. Everything went as planned and it was a beautiful day. All ended with a delicious meal: a filet Chris cooked with lots of yummy sides and desserts. Such a treat! After everyone left and P went to bed we looked at pictures and videos from the day and got teary. We are so very blessed and lucky. Not a day goes by where I don't appreciate what we have and the wonders in our lives. It's funny to think that next year at this time we'll have a son; Paige will have a brother. He will almost be a year old. What a difference a year will make!
You can view all the pictures of the fun here.

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

4 comments :

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Paige looks like such a big girl in her red dress, and you are absolutely glowing. Happy New Year!

Julia said...

Great Christmas photos! Paige does look like such a big girl in the red dress. You look great by the way! Little ones are truly a gift from God! I remind myself daily of how blessed I am to have a precious little girl and a wonderful husband. Happy New Year!!!

val said...

I echo the big girl in the red dress comment! So cute! Love the pics of her being read to, as well. So precious. And yay for success with the big soft green turtle!! :)

Lor said...

Wow, Megan, you look amazing! Impressive belly, I admit :), but you look wonderful, though. It will soon be over, car you believe it? (Do you also have the feeling that the 2d pregnancy lasts forever...?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...