Me and Wee: The firsts

Friday, May 8, 2009

The firsts

Hi friends! I hope all is well with all of you! Things are coming along well here! We have been so busy here experiencing all of Paige's "firsts." Time is going by too quickly! Her first night home, her first feedings at home, her first visits with friends and family...
5 days after her birth her little umbilical cord stump fell off, and I promptly cried in a fit of hormones...she's growing so fast! Of course, it's funny since we had our second pediatrician visit today and she now weighs 7 lbs. 8 oz...up from her birth weight of 7 lbs. 4.5 oz. Such a huge difference, eh? Anyway, I'm ultra sensitive and emotional right now...if I were to allow myself I'd likely cry all day! Not in a depressed way, just in a sentimental and overwhelmed by love way. I never knew I'd be like this. Anyhoo, her stump fell off, so we gave her the first tub bath. It was pretty scary, but we figured it out and now she's a bathing champ. She loves the warm water and the sounds of the splashing. Phew!

first bath

Another first and the moments fly right by and disappear. I've never been more aware of the fleetingness of time in all my life. I wish I could press a "pause" button so I could savor things all the more.

5 comments :

beachy in the burbs said...

She's absolutely beautiful!!! I love the bath pic - so cute!! She looks so tiny too :)

How do you like your bath for her? (I was just looking at some online to start our wish list).

Unknown said...

Thanks! She is so tiny in the tub. We have to make sure to hold at least one arm at all times.
As for the tub, I like it a lot! It has a hammock for the newborn stage and then it has a seat on one side for a larger baby and a bigger seat on the other side for more of a toddler. There is some non-slip texture to keep her in place. Also, there is a storage area on the side to hold the soap bottles and things. It sits nicely at the kitchen sink...we have a double sink (one big and one littler next to it) and it snaps right into place. That way you don't have to bend over a bathtub to do it. There is a little plug for easy draining at the bottom. Overall, the tub is a score!

Lor said...

She is very cute.
I totally agree with you, having a baby means constantly noticing "firsts" and saying goodbye to things you loved them to do. Such mixed feelings. Not to mention the sorting of clothes that no longer fit, which will make you cry too :). Thank you for the news!

St. James Cooke said...

congratulations! she is such a beauty!!! I've enjoyed popping in here and seeing your updates and of course now i just love seeing the baby pictures. I cried non stop after the birth of my daughter too. It was out of control. i dont think anyone warned me about the amount of tears that would fall after birth. but it really is so much fun. my little one is 10 months now and is no longer a baby. time does fly, but at least every stage is so wonderful. enjoy it!

alicia said...

Ivy's just fell off today! i am glad it is off, it was causing her soo much pain when we touched it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...