Me and Wee: How to be a great father

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How to be a great father

I love this video. I'm not Mormon, but this video really resonated with me. Our children really depend on us so faithfully for everything they need; knowing we will provide it. What a gift it is to be that person! (the message in the video is obviously that Jesus is our Father and we can know he will provide (and is providing) for us as well.) The video also paints such a lovely portrait of family life and how sacred it is. And even if you don't have your own children, you can be a loving spouse, a doting daughter or son, a loving sibling,a caring friend, etc.There are so many ways to contribute beauty to the world and make your own imprint on it in your own sacred life. This notion helps me in the day-to-day rhythms when I feel so small and invisible.

2 comments :

val said...

Touching video! After watching the other one and this one, I am daydreaming of my "perfect" day like those in the videos - let's see how close I can get to it tomorrow! :) (or at least remembering it in my head)

marymary said...

Thank you for posting this! I stumbled across your blog via Pinterest (your gorgeous turquoise and yellow nursery) and I just wanted to say that I don't know you, but as a fellow mother trying to do her best, I love you. I read some of your posts about deliberate mothering and have really appreciated your words. What an important work we're involved in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...