Me and Wee: 29 Weeks!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

29 Weeks!

29 weeks
Hi friends! Firstly, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!!! (a day late). Secondly, we wanted to say "WOW!" Thank you so much for all your wonderful and kind comments about our new nursery! We were so touched and blown away by the lovely things that were said. It has been a true labor of love and the result of much plotting and planning. We can't wait for Little P to be here so she can enjoy her space...the room just isn't finished until she is here to sleep in it, scream in it, poop in it, etc. :) For now, it's quiet and empty and I like to go sit in the chair and think about her and the new chapter we are beginning. I'm also making sure to enjoy its clean and organized state...I know that it won't last much longer. I can't take all the credit for the room: I was the planner and plotter and Chris was the brawn who painted and assembled EVERYTHING. He was also kind enough to just agree with everything I picked out. haha! Seriously, I'm lucky we are a good team. But he did all the physical work and I'm very grateful.
Yesterday was Valentine's Day and Chris surprised me by booking me an appointment for a pregnancy massage at a local spa. It was heavenly! He also gave me a gift card to Anthropologie (my favorite store). There were lots of flowers waiting for me when I arrived home after the massage. He even got Little P. a gift: a cute pair of pink pajamas and a pink fleecy sleep sack. He got Maren the Wonder Dog a pink canvas bear with looooong legs that had squeakers at the ends. She loves her new toy and the photo shows her running at great speed through the house with it as she showed it off.
Maren's Valentine
We ended the day with getting dressed up to go out to dinner...a lovely meal where I stuffed myself silly. The photo shows me at 29 Weeks and dressed for dinner. There's a quick fun photo of both of us in the bathroom mirror just before we left. We came home and Chris had made my favorite dessert: Chocolate Torte. I managed to get the tiniest sliver in before I thought I would surely explode (that would have put a damper on the day). Thanks so much Chris, for a lovely day! I love you! (I didn't mention that my gift to Chris wasn't as spectacular as HIS to ME...I got him a gift certificate for a throrough interior detailing for his SUV and exterior wash...he'd been mentioning wanting to have his car detailed for a while now (where they clean the interior crevices so much that it looks brand new off the lot). Once spring comes and the salt is off the roads, his car will look like new again. I also gave him some chocolates...and I've managed to avoid sampling them. :)
Pre-Valentine's dinner
P.S. Speaking of chocolate: I failed my first gestational diabetes screen and went for the 3-hour glucose test. I passed and officially do NOT have G. D. Yay! While the 3 hour test SUCKED, I found that I DID enjoy the orange glucose drink. It was like sweetened Sunkist soda. Little P. delighted in it as well. Everyone was warning me about how gross it was, but I was thoroughly enjoying it....and sad when I finished it. Can you tell I like my sugar?

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

That's so funny about the drink!! hahaha. My girlfriend and I feel the same as you! Our other friends couldn't believe that we liked it...we wanted to ask for more!!!

Love the blog! You have inspired me to start one about our own little adventures up here. Love the nursery! Hope it all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! You look great...did you color your hair red? Or is it just the lighting in all of the pictures?

alicia said...

ahh what a great guy!! and you look so awesome! I love your maternity clothes style! I always see your pictures and am like man i need to up my maternity wardrobe game here! haha.

so glad you had a great V-day and yay for no GD!

The drink wasn't the bad part for me, it was the dizzy head ache it gave me afterwards!

Traci said...

Hi Megan!

I stumbled over here after gawking and drooling at your absolutely GORGEOUS nursery. It's so perfect and modern and serene. Wow! Great job!

Also, I just spent the last 45 minutes reading (and, admittedly crying) over your posts. My husband and started trying to have kids in 04 and after a couple rounds of fertility drugs (and a few surprises) had 5 miscarriages. What you wrote was so much what I was feeling during that time. I'm so so sorry that you and your husband had to endure such pain...and even though I don't know you, I am indescribably excited about your baby girl.

My husband and I have decided to stop trying (I just can't risk having another miscarriage...I don't know if I'd recover) and since international adoption was always a part of our plan anyway, we've jumped in head first. We recently finished up paperwork and are now in line waiting to be matched with a baby girl from China.

So, once again...Congratulations. I know you and your husband will treasure each and every moment of this.

Stephanie said...

Very cute pictures. I especially love the one of Maren running around with her new gift. So sweet that your husband got a gift for Little P! Oh and I just had a prental massage myself yesterday, and it was fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog through OhDeeDoh and love your nursery- what a lucky little baby!

Plus, I'm 30 weeks pregnant- so every time you mention a craving I'm right there with you!

I'm having my second child and your blog brings me right back to the wonder and excitement of pregnancy (something I don't have as much time to revel in while running after a toddler). Keep feeling good and rest up these last couple weeks!

Anonymous said...

I just had the same test this week and absolutely LOVED the drink:) I'm glad I'm not the only one:)

I have been looking for a wall color for months and I wanted a color other than pink. The color you chose is lovely! I think I'll go for that too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...