Me and Wee: 15 weeks 4 days

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

15 weeks 4 days

no215weeks

Hi friends!
Well, I've been away for a bit, eh? So much has been happening here and it's been so hard to keep up with it all!
deep breath...
Firstly, thank you so much for your kind words on our last post! We are pretty pumped about the wee one on the way. To answer the many questions I've gotten: I'm currently 15 weeks and 4 days as I write this (and feeling good!). Our due date is February 3rd (so I'm pretty much assuming an end of January birth). I'm finally not feeling sick anymore and my tiredness has lifted enough so that I can function. It was baaaaaaad. I was pretty much on the couch full time. Poor Little P had a lot to cope with, since she needs a LOT of structured play to flourish. Those harder times are finally behind us though, so onward and upward!
The whole pregnancy was a pleasant and welcome surprise. It's funny; we had just decided to wait a few more months to try but lo and behold I found out I was pregnant a mere few days later after that discussion. ha! A true blessing after going through everything we did to bring Little P to us. Not a day goes by that I'm not grateful or shocked by the miracle happening. I'll admit, the first few weeks had me terrified. I was worried about how I would handle the sleepless nights with a new baby AND still be alert for Paige. How would I handle Paige's special needs AND care for a newborn? How would it all happen???!!! I felt pretty panicked. But, as time has gone by I've relaxed and realized that everything always falls into place as it needs to. And we can always try to hire a mother's helper or something here and there in those first few months if I need a bit of extra sleep in the morning or something. Time to save up!! Anyway, now I'm feeling much more calm.

In other news, which I'll share more in upcoming posts, is Paige is now sleeping in a big-girl bed in her new big girl room. *tear* It's been going wonderfully and has been much easier than I thought it would be. I'm still working on finishing up the decorating in there; but it's mostly done. I plan to do a post about the bed, and a separate post sharing her new room with you! The baby will go in Paige's old room. We have plans to freshen it up and make it new for the next wee one.

AND (on another note) we've made some great strides in meeting Paige's sensory seeking needs and have created some therapy swings from scratch for our own house. I plan to do a post with photos of the swings and how we made them in case anyone else is interested. I'll also write about what Paige was needing and how the swings satisfy that need...and thus help her focus, learn, improve her speech and her motor skills. It's been fascinating to watch.

We've been busy! But it's a good kind of busy, so I can't complain. It's just a lot going on at once and sometimes I feel like I'm buried and flailing around. But Little P starts her intensive ABA/Floortime therapy today with her new facilitators so I'm going to start having more free time on my hands to get things done around the house and maybe start creating art again. Silver lining!!!

Thank you again for your well-wishes and we are doing well! Thanks for those who have asked or who were concerned. Looks like I will finally have some more time to do some proper posting around here! Yay! Be well!!!

6 comments :

alicia said...

so happy for you! and yay surprise miracle baby! just like my little ayla :) love it!

Lor said...

I'm really looking forward to hear/see more about all these projects (the rooms especially!). You are right to say that things will come into place... My 2d is due very soon... Next week maybe... Many people told me what a bad timing this was etc etc. but hey, I don't care (especially with the crappy and cold summer we are having here in Paris), it allowed me to spend a month in Corsica in June (with is definitely the best month to be there) and my first daughter (just 3) will start school just when the little sister arrives, which is good because it will probably keep her mind off being jealous etc. with all the new things she will have to tell us! So ANYTIME is a good time, it just falls in your lap!
I wish you all the best!

val said...

yay! so good to hear an update and happy that things sound well! xo

Kat said...

so happy for you! :)

http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

Kelsey G. said...

Congrats! I just stumbled upon your blog a couple of days ago when looking at nursery ideas... before you announced the pregnancy.
It is sort of weird (actually really weird) because I am 15 weeks 2 days pregnant... due February 6th.
It is almost like I was meant to read your blog... wow.. so weird!
Thanks!
Kelsey
kels_la_geist@yahoo.com

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for you! I can't believe we're basically doing the same thing over again, with your due date only 5 weeks before mine.

I loved the post on the big girl bed too. Makes me think that we need to think about doing that too.

Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...