Me and Wee: Winter in New England painting and card

Friday, December 6, 2013

Winter in New England painting and card

Winter Painting

I finished my wintery New England painting I'd started 2 weeks ago! It took forever...there were many days I couldn't work on it thanks to mommy-duties and other days I had a scant few minutes here or there. I've never taken on this level of detail before. It was more therapeutic than I thought it would be.

I also made it into a "Warmest Wishes" card too.

New England painting detail

There is a nostalgia (for ME anyway!) that lies deep within when it comes to the end of a snowy day as a child. You spend so much time out in the snow making snow angels and snowmen. You get all cold, breathless and rosy-cheeked before you scurry in for hot chocolate. And sometimes it starts to snow again as the evening starts to ascend. You see the leftovers of the day...the wet boots, the puddles on the floor, the mess of mittens and hats...and you can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

 Winter Painting

There's something about that moment, though, when the day is over that feels quiet and a little lonely when you look out the window at the peaceful landscape. All the wildlife is gone to bed.

I also wanted the setting to be an antique New England farmhouse...rustic, sparse, lots of beautiful land to gaze upon, simple and cozy. This is all why I love living here and want I want for my family.

The print and card are available in my shop. I hope you like it!

warmest wishes holiday card

4 comments :

Erin McCall said...

This is really beautiful Megan - love it!

Erin

Unknown said...

Thanks Erin!! I appreciate it!

Abigail said...

So lovely!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Abigail! I appreciate your compliment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...