Me and Wee: hello

Thursday, July 2, 2009

hello

after bath
Hi friends!
Just wanted to say hello and let you know we are well! I hope you are well too! Not too much new going on...
Paige had her 2 month vaccinations and it went much better than I thought it would! She cried for about a minute after them and then got over it. She never fussed afterward and there were no ill effects. Phew! She's now fully adjusted to her new formula (Similac Sensitive RS) and it's great! MUCH less gas and much less spit up. It's just better all around since she used to cry at various weird times from gas...she'd pull her legs to her chest and yell. Now, that barely happens if at all. And the nipple issue (since the formula was so much thicker we needed to find a larger nipple that worked for her) worked out. We ended up using Dr. Brown's level 2 nipple with a few holes poked in it. Of course, that's for DAYTIME. It was too slow for her at night since her sucking isn't the best when she's tired, so we use an Evenflo nipple in the night time/morning. Geez, it took a while to crack that puzzle. But we did it, and without the help of the dude from The DaVinci Code. And you know what? It's working out great! 2 different nipples and it's going just fine. Paige has been taking great naps all day now so I'm counting myself as lucky. She's still up through the night for her feedings. (she's eating mostly every 3.25 to 3.5 hours) But we made a great change: no more monitor in our room. Her room is up the hall from ours and we can hear her when she calls/cries, but I can't hear the more quiet chatter noises she makes (general fussing). I sleep so much better now and hear her when she really needs something...and it's always cries for food. I can put her down after her feeding and go right back to sleep because I'm not listening to her fusses and squawks of protest...I know she's been fed, burped, cuddled, and changed so she's fine there. I rest so much easier! I never thought I'd be able to put the monitor out of our room, but it's worked out great. I do have our door cracked open a few inches to aid in our hearing, but that's about it. So, that's the baby news around here. I'll be back soon with some more posts about news around here. I hope all is well with you!!!

4 comments :

Lor said...

Great idea to give up the monitor. I find it so much more quiet just to her my daughter from a distance. The monitor's noise is so stressful. I used to be worried all the time too, now I just need to get some rest. Unbelievable, the things we manage to do, with time...

alicia said...

i do the same thing! no monitor in my room, then you hear all those grunts and stuff and never sleep! i am glad the formula and nipples all worked out! yay! and yay that her shots went so well, Ivys did not....i think i will post about that tmr!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that the best cure for gas and fussiness is breast milk? Donor milk is available, too.

Newborns also feel stressed when alone in a room. It's a biological reaction.

Unknown said...

Anonymous, why yes, I know that breastmilk REDUCES gassiness/fussiness. Of course, I know many a breastfed baby that fusses and has gas/severe colic. Also, fussing is biological. But a baby can fuss with you right next to them or holding them or alone in a room. I don't believe having a baby sleep alone in a crib is hurting them, but rather, is teaching them a skill they need in life: to soothe one's self to sleep and sleep well. She now coos and giggles to herself in her room and awakes happy and refreshed with a smile. She goes to sleep at night relatively quickly and easily. This, like anything, has come with practice and experience on her part. If I worried about the "stress" this would cause, I would never allow her to leave the house, to try and make friends, to go to school, to achieve new exciting things...all because they may cause stress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...