Me and Wee: Silhouette on Wood

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Silhouette on Wood

Hi friends!
I've been cooking up some ideas over here during these holiday preparations. What do you think of this silhouette? It's hand-painted on a piece of red oak wood (7.25 x 7.25 inches square) and stained in red cherry. I'm going to carve out the back so it can hang flush against the wall. I plan to make one of Paige and one of Noah. It's fun because you could do one of a pet, woodland animal, or one for each member of the family. They are very giftable not only for Christmas, but for Valentine's Day, Anniversaries, and Birthdays.
I just made this...hand painted silo on red oak stained to red cherry. Do you think I should sell custom versions?

I'm considering offering these for sale...custom options for painting whoever you want on there. I would do this red cherry option and perhaps others. Below is another version in a "sunwashed" stain color (gives the wood a gray look).

Washed out or red cherry options

I'm also thinking about doing versions in colored wood stains...blue, green and yellow options with the white silhouette hand-painted on top.

Survey...is this something you'd like? I still haven't fully decided on whether or not to offer them. Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear! :)

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...