Me and Wee: The latest...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The latest...

Hey friends!
No baby yet. I'll just get that right out of the way. I WILL tell you I had my delicious Friendly's Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae last night. And DAMN was it good. I will have sexy dreams about it for a while now. But, I'm getting off the point of this message to give you the latest news from the Docs:
I've made NO progress! Woo! I'll put my sarcasm on hold to say that all my stats are the same as last week. NO dilation (tightly closed according to this doctor), 70% effaced, and head kind of high. Poo. Happily, the baby's movement has been crazy today and her heartrate was fab. I'm so glad, because on Tuesday I'd had contractions for over 7 hours and many were painful, but it was false labor. And during the whole day she almost never moved. Just as I was about to go to bed, she finally did several jig-like dances in there which made me feel much better. She moved more yesterday, and now today she's like a party animal. One less thing to worry about!
The doctor told me I will go in for my next NST on Monday and they will check me out...if I've made some progress, they will plan to induce me on Friday morning of next week. If not, I will go in next Thursday afternoon and they will insert Cervadil (a string they insert that has medication to get things started) and I'll sleep the night there, THEN have my induction on Friday morning after some breakfast. So, if Little P. doesn't make her own appearance before then, it looks like Friday May 1st will be the day we get things started! I hope she's born that day too, but I know anything can happen. And, I had previously picked May 1st to be the birth-day (my guess in the family "Little P's Birth-Day Pool")...so obviously I want to win and that is clearly a huge priority. :) I swear I didn't "fix" the game. The doctor told me the days this was to happen and I nodded because I'll do anything to get her out and safely. There was no mention of a pool or anything...I swear! If I'd had a choice I would have screamed "get this shit going TODAY!" I'll keep you all posted if things change, though. One more week!!!

7 comments :

jesse said...

Oh boy! I can't believe you're so close (I'm week 18 and it seems soooo far away). I've heard inducted labor can be quite painful (haha, unlike regular labor which I hear is like a walk in the park? But seriously, I have heard induced contractions can be extremely intense right away, rather than a gradual leading-up-to-crazy-painful increase). I hope you get a chance to start up naturally before then!

I am working with a midwife practice and they ask all their clients to get acupuncture to help ripen the cervix toward the end. I am SOOOO squeamish with needles I don't know if I'll manage it, but man I think I will be so ready at the end I'll try anything :)

It has been so cool to follow along your journey. A while back I read through your long archive of trying to conceive, I can't believe you are finally so close to the birthday!

Anyway, best of luck to you with your last week, can't wait to see picture of baby P and glowing new parents :)

kayla said...

SO exciting. It's nice that the end is in sight, yet you still have some time to let it happen on its own, if that's what's meant to be. She'll be here soon!

I'm going for my 39-week check tomorrow, and wondering what news/forecast I'll get!

beachy in the burbs said...

Hi! I love reading your updates and am so excited for you! I'm 4.5 months pregnant and am wondering when you were able to start feeling the baby. I've felt what sort of feels like movement, but no kicks yet.

alicia said...

yay!! it feels good to have a date hey?? I know ours is the 29th, but I really hope she comes before then! ahhh

Sabrina's Creations said...

Hi I love reading your updates too! I've been ttc for 5 years now! I got pregnant on 06' but I miscarried, and since then nothing, but I keep my hopes up! And your story is very inspiring for me! I hope little P comes soon I can't wait to see her! And lot of lots of hugs for you two!
Sabrina

Woman Interrupted said...

congratulations and hang in there!!! As tiring as it seems, its even more tiring once "the needy one" arrives.

I found your blog looking for nursery ideas for baby number 2 (due in Sept) and I adore your nursery...Everything about it! You did a beautiful job.

Hillary said...

Your in your last week, yeah! I can't wait to hear how everything goes. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...