Me and Wee: Happy New Year!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Toy Shelf
Hello! Welcome, 2010!

2009 was such a great year for us (finally!) but we'll see what 2010 has in store. I know there are lots of great moments to cherish coming up!
I haven't bothered with any resolutions for this year. But, I WOULD like to clean out the bathroom closet and the laundry room. But those are chores, not resolutions. I suppose the resolutions to match would be "keep the bathroom closet and laundry room neat." I might as well try and catch the wind.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to all the things to happen this year...there are trips planned and visits to fun local places in store. Paige will be turning one and this will be a big adventurous time. But, since for now it's winter, there's not a whole ton of outdoor things we can do just yet. More on that in another post. Our attentions have turned to indoor activities.
We started some organizing already with a new bookcase from Ikea (the expedit) that now resides in our family room to house all of Paige's toys from Christmas. Everything has its place and when she starts walking she will be able to access her toys herself and eventually learn to put things away too. For now, we choose a few things (the age-appropriate toys, books, and some random household objects) to take out each morning for her to play with during the day and then we put it away at bedtime. I usually grab a total of 4 or 5 totally different things. It works out great and keeps her from being overwhelmed by too many choices through the day.
Alrighty, I'm off to nurse this nasty cold I have. I hope you are well and are enjoying your New Year so far!

1 comment :

Pam said...

Hey Megan! I love the new shelf set up. I really wish we had an Ikea near here. I bought Kaylin that same shirt with a little matching skirt to go with it. Wait until I tell her Paige has the same shirt! She's still at the age when that is a good thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...