Me and Wee: Antioxidants

Friday, March 12, 2010

Antioxidants

Over several weeks' time, Chris would come home from the grocery store disappointed in failed attempts to find "Acai" juice. He always found it mixed with other things, but never alone. And when he did, it was always crazy expensive so he would leave it on the shelf. He'd heard it was a superfood and had all kinds of crazy good things in it. Antioxidants. Oh, the antioxidants. Like a miracle elixr of the ages. I heard about it all the time after his trips. It became a "thing." Anyway, he found his beloved juice at Whole Foods market not too long ago and has been basking in the glory of how he will now live forever. (or something like that.) He is psyched about the darned antioxidants.One of those words thrown around a lot now. I've heard that word in this house quite a bit. sigh. I need to research more about what they will do for me if I were to partake. Sprout wings? Discover the meaning of life? Solve world hunger? Become SuperGirl?
Paige has been very sick with this cold, as you know, and I have a sniffle here and there but am still fighting strong! I said to Chris:" This cold Paige has is so awful! I have NO IDEA how you don't have it yet!" As he shoved things into his work bag on his way off to work he grinned and said "It's the antioxidants."
sigh.

6 comments :

Pam said...

Does he like the taste? We tried it and it was awful! It is expensive, but we much prefer it mixed with other things. Go antioxidants though!

EFamily said...

My S.O. loves the acai juice too. We get it at Costco b/c it's a little cheaper there.

Unknown said...

Meladie, :)
I actually think maybe he got it there...either way, he seems to like it.

Anonymous said...

I started drinking this a few weeks ago. It kind of tastes like a combo of a strawberry/raspberry/blueberry kind of thing. Does he only drink the 2 ounces at a time?

nerdstar said...

i love acai! i actually buy it in power form (flavored as Tropical Punch) and mix it into my water...you can also get it at GNC-and if you buy there the 1st week of each month you save 20% on your purchase (with a 'gold card' that is free btw). If anything-it makes water have a more fruitful flavor (good change every once in a while). On the other hand-Camilo thinks it tastes like soap, so yeah, to each their own! :)

Paty said...

I am from Brazil, and Açai (yes, with ç instead of c) is very popular there, and not expensive. I personally dont like the taste. But it has Vit C, antioxidants, and.... lots of calories! Honestly, I rather have something else with fewer calories :-) all about cutting cal after the baby!!!!
Congratulations for winning ! Nursery is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...